As you may know, the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation - is a new policy that requires businesses to protect the personal data and privacy of European Union (EU) citizens for transactions that occur within EU member states. Customers and prospects now own their personal data and have control over the communications they receive. The bottom line is that if you do business (or are seeking to do business) in Europe, your website and other digital marketing initiatives need to be compliant.
If you have not addressed GDPR yet, our digital team at Decision Associates can help. To get you started, here are some quick facts and good resource links:
- GDPR went into effect May 25, 2018
- Non-compliance could have significant financial implications for your company
- Link to table of contents, cross references, emphases and corrections for GDPR here - http://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/
- Simple guide for marketing compliance here - http://www.marketingprofs.com/articles/2018/34819/gdpr-is-already-here-a-simple-marketing-guide-for-compliance
- A basic overview article here - http://www.csoonline.com/article/3202771/data-protection/general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr-requirements-deadlines-and-facts.html
If you would like additional information and assistance getting your website compliant, contact Mike Smiley at MikeSmiley@DecisionAssociates.net or 814-528-9416.